From Warren Young <war...@etr-usa.com>
Subject Re: Uncommon NoClassDefFoundError exception
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 16:58:25 GMT
Glen Mazza wrote:

> a class), the bottom of [3] indicates that the problem may be with your
> X Windowing system, but if not, a search on "NoClassDefFoundError" and
> "AWT" returns 6000+ hits [4] (add "FOP" to the search to get down to 140.)

One of the biggest differences between these two FC3 boxes is that the
one not having problems is a desktop system, and the other is a server
system used primarily through ssh.  The trivial answer, to run fop while
an X server is available (i.e. DISPLAY is set and legit), isn't enough,
however.

Perhaps this thread will help whoever is able to attack this problem:

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?forumID=20&hilite=false&start=15&threadID=132877&range=15&q=

Basically, it seems that Java sometimes expects a window system to be
present, and there are ways to dispel that notion.  I don't see that
there's any need for FOP to have access to a window system.