From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com.au>
Subject Re: FO + External bitmap graphics -> FOP -> SVG
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 23:26:06 GMT
Jeremias Maerki wrote:

>You're not doing anything wrong. As far as I can tell images are not
>implemented in the SVG renderer. You'd have to finish that part yourself.
>See:
>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-fop/src/org/apache/fop/render/svg/SVGRenderer.java?hideattic=0&rev=1.3.2.9&only_with_tag=fop-0_20_2-maintain&view=markup

Suddenly this seems pretty hard to do.  At first impressions I would use
FopImage.getURL(), then try to generate the SVG so that the right
attributes are on the image.  That way I'd get an externally linked
image in the SVG, but if it were easy it would have been done already.

I assume there is a workaround for this.  Perhaps I can embed an SVG in
my XSL:FO, and have that SVG fragment reference the image?  Then it
would presumably get copied verbatim into the SVG version of the document.

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll

NUIX Pty Ltd