From "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject RE: FOP-produced PDF print job size
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 21:36:19 GMT

Hi Richard,

> Still would like to hear. Furthermore, it looks like the problem is
> Laserjet specific. When I print using the postscript driver the file
> size is only about 500kb per page (instead of the 2.5mb per page for
> PCL6) - but it still takes about two or three minutes per page to print.
>
> OTOH, when I print to an HP OfficeJet 6210i (it's an inkjet
> multifunction) the page starts printing immediately and is out within15
> seconds.

Well, given these facts, if I were you, I'd definitely check the printer
settings. If the LaserJet wants to print at a rather high resolution, I can
imagine this may have a disastrous effect on the printer's memory
consumption.
(I'm guessing the default resolution of the OfficeJet is much lower? And
maybe there is also a difference in resolution between the PS and the PCL
driver?)

Other than that, I have no idea what could be the cause...

Greetz,

Andreas