From "Willy Reinhardt" <wreinha...@novell.com>
Subject Rép. : SVG positionning problem
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 09:28:07 GMT
The problem seems to be related to a difference of FOP processing between
tag <fo:instream-foreign-object> and tag <fo:external-graphic sr="..."/>
because if I include the svg by using external-graphics it work correctly.

Any idea why rendering is different ?

Willy

-----------------------------------
Cambridge Technology and Partners
Willy Reinhardt
Air Center
Ch. des coquelicots 16
CH-1214 Vernier
Phone: +41 22 306 47 24
Fax: +41 22 306 47 47
http://www.ctp.com
>>> wreinhardt@novell.com 02/05/05 19:12 >>>
Hi,

I would generate an unordered list with different graphics for each level. To create graphics
I use <fo:instream-foreign-object> with svg tags inside.

result is:

<fo:list-item>
  <fo:list-item-label end-indent="label-end()">
    <fo:block>
      <fo:instream-foreign-object>
        <svg:svg width="10pt" height="10pt">
          <svg:g style="stroke:black; stroke-width:1">
            <svg:circle style="fill:white" cx="5pt" cy="5pt" r="2pt" />
          </svg:g>
       </svg:svg>
      </fo:instream-foreign-object>
    </fo:block>
  </fo:list-item-label>
  <fo:list-item-body start-indent="body-start()">
    <fo:block>Niveau 2 puce 2</fo:block>
  </fo:list-item-body>
</fo:list-item>

For the first level the positionning is correct for each next level the graphic is shifted
to the right and overlap the text.

If I replace the <fo:instream-foreign-object> with <fo:external-graphic sr="..."/>
the source image (jpeg) has been generated from svg tags the positionning is correct.

Have you any idea why an svg graphics isn't positionned as a bitmap graphic ?

Thanks