From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Any update on the following issues?
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 16:17:28 GMT
Suggestions on 1: We need to find someone who wants to implement auto
table layout. I believe it's going to be easier with the new layout
engine but still there is some work to be done. Until then, the known
work-arounds apply.

Suggestions on 2: None really. I don't think the bug still exists in FOP
Trunk but if it does we will want to be be quick in fixing it.

And a general comment: Since you're running Cocoon I need to make sure
you know that the FOP API has changed and that the FOP Cocoon Block
hasn't been adapted to the new API, yet. That's something that is going
to be done after the first preview release. Or sooner if someone other
than me is going to do it. :-)

On 11.10.2005 15:37:34 Tibbetts, Jeffery A NGIC wrote:
> Hello all, I am a new poster.  I have reveiwed the mail list and I would
> like to know if there are any updates or workarounds to the following issues
> or if resolution is planned with the redesign to version 1.0.  I checked out
> the slides from the WIKI site on the convention but I don't believe these
> issues were covered there.
>
> A little bit about my configuration before I start,  we are running apache,
> cocoon and fop, dynamically rendering static xml to html/xhtml (in a couple
> of varieties) and pdf.  I work from the publishing (content) perspective, I
> maintain and modify our XSLT and XSL-FO stylesheets and provide them to our
> development team (systems-based web maintenance).
>
> Issues:
>
> 1.  The auto setting on tables.  We frequently get errors (that cause fop
> and cocoon to hang) if we set explicit widths on our columns in the XML
> source file.  So we have taken to providing no widths and letting FOP figure
> it out.  This works for the most part if I have a fixed width table.  Some
> of our users want me to accommodate centering and smaller width tables,
> which requires some method for figuring what the overall width should be.  I
> read the post from Jbryant on the 21st of Sep that provided a workaround -
> but we are not running XSLT 2.0 yet, so that option is out for now.  Any
> other suggestions?
>
> 2. The Link rendering area inside tables.  We disabled links in our PDF's
> due to this offset problem.  Any suggestions?

Jeremias Maerki