From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com.au>
Subject Error compiling 0.20.5 from source
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 02:22:33 GMT
I'm getting an error which may or may not be critical, when compiling
FOP 0.20.5 from source.  It manifests itself as the error "no protocol:
hyphenation.dtd", which has been seen before on the mailing list but
with no real solution.

I went and modified the FOP source code to make it include enough error
output to work with, and it looks like this:
org.apache.fop.layout.hyphenation.HyphenationException: no protocol:
hyphenation.dtd
        at
org.apache.fop.layout.hyphenation.PatternParser.parse(PatternParser.java:115)
        at
org.apache.fop.layout.hyphenation.HyphenationTree.loadPatterns(HyphenationTree.java:143)
        at
org.apache.fop.tools.anttasks.SerializeHyphPattern.buildPatternFile(SerializeHyphPattern.java:137)
        at
org.apache.fop.tools.anttasks.SerializeHyphPattern.processFile(SerializeHyphPattern.java:126)
        at
org.apache.fop.tools.anttasks.SerializeHyphPattern.execute(SerializeHyphPattern.java:77)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:166)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:336)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1306)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1250)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.start(Main.java:196)
Caused by: java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: hyphenation.dtd
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:537)
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:434)
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:383)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startDTDEntity(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDTDScannerImpl.setInputSource(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$DTDDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown
Source)
        at
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)

Is this just a bug in Xerces?  Does anyone have an easy way around it?

Failing that, I can just cross my fingers that FOP still works after
this failure, because the failure didn't prevent the build completing.

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll

NUIX Pty Ltd