From Greg Hulands <ghula...@framedphotographics.com>
Subject Re: Runtime exception
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:50:28 GMT
Thanks for your help Jeremias. Is there currently a problem with
scaling an external-graphic in trunk? It seems with my component that
generates the pdf, the image is now showing at its actual pixel size
and not the size set in the fo.

     <fo:block-container position="absolute" top="0.5cm" left="0cm"
width="3cm" height="3cm">
     <fo:block border="1pt solid black" width="3cm" height="3cm">
     <fo:external-graphic src="url(<webobject name=logo></
webobject>)" width="3cm" height="3cm" scaling="uniform"/>
     </fo:block>
     </fo:block-container>

Greg

On 10/10/2005, at 9:42 PM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> On 10.10.2005 13:36:08 Greg Hulands wrote:
>
>> Aaaahhh, that was it. I had barcode4j in their.
>>

> I've started writing the new FOP Trunk-compatible extension for
> Barcode4J but haven't finished, yet. I hope I can do that before
> the end
> of the month.
>

>> I am now getting this error:
>>
>> fo:external-graphic is not a valid child element of fo:block-
>> container.
>>
>> This is the snippet it is referring to:
>>
>> <fo:block-container position="absolute" top="0.5cm" left="0cm"
>> width="3cm" height="3cm">
>>      <fo:external-graphic src="url(someURL)" width="3cm"
>> height="3cm"/>
>>      </fo:block-container>
>>
>> Do I just move the external graphic out of the block container and
>> give it the attributes of the current parent container?
>>

> Look at the specification. The content for fo:block-container is
> specified as "(%block;)+" which means you have to wrap your
> external-graphic in a fo:block. FOP 0.20.5 was lenient in this regard.
> FOP Trunk is more strict.
>
> <fo:block-container position="absolute" top="0.5cm" left="0cm"
> width="3cm" height="3cm">
>   <fo:block>
>     <fo:external-graphic src="url(someURL)" width="3cm" height="3cm"/>
>   </fo:block>
> </fo:block-container>
>

>> Greg
>>
>> On 10/10/2005, at 9:13 PM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>>

>>> I'm pretty sure that is because of a FOP extension that is
>>> dynamically
>>> loaded. The FOP extensions built for 0.20.5 are not compatible with