From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: configuration for FOP
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 10:41:27 GMT
You'd better download the latest release: 0.91beta.

ATM, the FOPServlet does not support a configuration file. The servlet
is mainly a starting point and an example for people who want to build a
servlet for production use. It is recommended that you copy the source
code and adjust it to your needs.

Note that this example servlet is susceptible to denial-of-service
attacks due to the unchecked use of filename in the parameters. It
should not be used in production, except maybe in-house, but certainly
not on a public server.

Since you want to convert HTML to PDF you'll have to adjust the servlet
anyway. FOP only supports XSL-FO as input, so you have to run your HTML
to a converter first to get XSL-FO.

On 03.03.2006 05:07:04 Cam T wrote:
> Hello
>
> Just downloaded the last FOP 0.90.1 alpha. Have compiled the servlet example
> and load OK on tomcat 4 but how is FOP configured. I see there is
> conf\fop.xconf file but what am I suppposed to do with this to tell where
> FOP where to pick up the fo, xml or xsl files.
>
> http://servername/fop/servlet/FopServlet?fo=readme.fo
> http://servername/fop/servlet/FopServlet?xml=data.xml&xslt=format.xsl
>
> Also If what I want to achieve is for FOP to render HTML to PDF and RTF how
> would one use FOP to render xml to FO first then serialize to either PDF or
> RTF?
>
> Any help most appreciated.
>
> Cameron

Jeremias Maerki