From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Antwort: Re: Changing logging behavior in an embedded application.
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 07:45:03 GMT
You're welcome to improve TTFReader in FOP Trunk if it doesn't do
exactly what you want it to do. TTFReader was never designed to be used
as anything else than a command-line tool which is called once for each
font. If people have additional needs we're gladly accepting patches
against FOP Trunk.

On 07.03.2006 08:23:56 Eckard_Buchner wrote:
> > FOP does have a few System.out.println calls in its source code but
> > these are only in places where those are ok, i.e. in command-line
> > handling code
>
> IMHO this is not the case with the TTFReader. It tells you about each file
> it reads and writes. If you convert a couple of files at once this is a
> little inconvenient. Maybe it should have a silent mode? BTW if you embed
> the TTF Reader i would prefer getting exceptions when something goes wrong
> rather than geting null return (and a stack trace in stdout)

<snip/>

Jeremias Maerki