xmlgraphics-fop-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jason R Briggs <jason.bri...@rhe.co.nz>
Subject complex table layout problem
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 22:23:33 GMT
Hi all

I am reproducing a rather complicated layout which requires a number of 
nested tables:

Basically the page looks something like this (a header with 2 columns, 
followed by a table with 4 columns, 2 columns spanning 2 rows, and one 
cell spanning 2 columns):


------------------------------------------
headerleft                    headerright
------------------------------------------

*------*  *---*  *-------------*  *------*
|      |  |   |  |             |  |      |
|      |  |   |  |             |  |      |
|      |  *---*  *-------------*  |      |
|      |                          |      |
|      |  *--------------------*  |      |
|      |  |                    |  |      |
*------*  *--------------------*  *------*

The problem is that the column for headerright is proving impossible to 
align.  I have tried separating the header and content sections into 2 
tables, plus making the header a single cell spanning the 4 cells (the 
columns in the main section) and then using a nested table inside the 
header as well.  But what I always end up with is:

-------------------------------------------------------
headerleft                                 headerright
-------------------------------------------------------

*------*  *---*  *-------------*  *------*
|      |  |   |  |             |  |      |
|      |  |   |  |             |  |      |

(where header right actually goes off the page boundaries.  It seems 
that the first cell in the nested table grows to fill the size of the 
surrounding table, then the second cell added pushes off outside that 
region.

I hope that makes sense?  Anyway below is the fo-xml for the header 
region at the moment.  I've been playing different methods of doing this 
for the last day or so, with no progress  (as a matter of interest I ran 
it through an eval copy of a commercial app and, while not perfect, it 
renders more how I was expecting).  Is this a known bug -- or have I 
done something stupid?

Thanks once again
Jason


<fo:table-cell number-columns-spanned="4" padding="3px">
   <fo:table>
     <fo:table-body>
       <fo:table-row>
         <fo:table-cell border-top="0.2mm solid black" 
border-bottom="0.2mm solid black">
           <fo:table>
             <fo:table-body>
               <fo:table-row>
                 <fo:table-cell>
                   <fo:block><fo:inline font-weight="bold">Report 
for:</fo:inline> demo</fo:block>
                 </fo:table-cell>
                 <fo:table-cell>
                   <fo:block></fo:block>
                 </fo:table-cell>
               </fo:table-row>
               <fo:table-row>
                 <fo:table-cell>
                   <fo:block><fo:inline 
font-weight="bold">Group:</fo:inline> blah</fo:block>
                 </fo:table-cell>
                 <fo:table-cell>
                   <fo:block><fo:inline 
font-weight="bold">Date:</fo:inline> 25 Jan 2006</fo:block>
                 </fo:table-cell>
               </fo:table-row>
             </fo:table-body>
           </fo:table>
         </fo:table-cell>
       </fo:table-row>
     </fo:table-body>
   </fo:table>
</fo:table-cell>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: fop-users-unsubscribe@xmlgraphics.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: fop-users-help@xmlgraphics.apache.org


Mime
View raw message