From Louis.Mast...@log-net.com
Subject Re: 0.20.3 to 0.91b migration log messages
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 13:31:38 GMT
Anyone have a preference of where they would like to see the Wiki?  I was
going to create another section under "Pages for FOP users" entitled
"Troubleshooting" and then call the Wiki page
"Troubleshooting/CommonLogMessages" but I'm not real sure of the
etiquette.

Advice would be appreciated.

-Lou

Louis.Masters@log-net.com
02/28/2006 10:10
Please respond to
fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org

fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: 0.20.3 to 0.91b migration log messages

Will do.

On a positive note, I figured out the cause of the following two issues:

WARN  [FOTreeBuilder] Mismatch: simple-page-master (
http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format) vs. layout-master-set (
http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format)
WARN  [FOTreeBuilder] Mismatch: simple-page-master (
http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format) vs. root (
http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format)

They are related to another message that seems to sporadically get
swallowed up by the JBoss logger (hence why I did not put 2+2 together):

ERROR (Unknown location): For fo:simple-page-master, fo:region-body must
be declared before fo:region-before.

You just need to correctly order the regions in simple-page-master like
so:

                        <fo:region-body margin-top="113mm"
margin-bottom="91mm"/>
                        <fo:region-before extent="112mm"/>
                        <fo:region-after
region-name="xsl-region-after-first" extent="90mm"/>

User error strikes again.

I'll update the list and create the Wiki page.

-Lou

Jeremias Maerki <dev@jeremias-maerki.ch>
02/28/2006 08:30

Please respond to
fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org

fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: 0.20.3 to 0.91b migration log messages

Lou, would you mind adding all this to a new Wiki [1] page? I'll gladly
help fill in the gaps. Having it in the Wiki allows the document to live
and everyone to participate.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/

On 28.02.2006 14:05:39 Louis.Masters wrote:
> During my upgrade from 0.20.3 to 0.91, I have been keeping a list of new

> log messages and rendering issues/errors and my investigation into their

> causes.  I am listing them below for two reasons:
>
> 1.  To elicit feedback from anyone who may have insight or a solution.
> 2.  To build a thread containg a common list that can be referred to
when
> someone has a problem during implementation.
>
> The issues below are only the most common that I am seeing in the
majority
> of my documents.  Happily, I have hit very few major issues during my
> regression testing of 0.91.  I will upgrade the list as necessary.
>
> Please feel free to comment, add, remove or solve.
>
> -Lou
>
> My list so far:

<snip/>

Jeremias Maerki