From Matthew East <m...@ubuntu.com>
Subject Re: Asian fonts in pdfs
Date Sun, 07 May 2006 13:14:21 GMT
On Sun, 07 May 2006 12:02:37 +0200
Jeremias Maerki <dev@jeremias-maerki.ch> wrote:

> If you look at [1] you'll see that Hangul syllables are not covered by
> the DejaVu font. That's why they don't appear. You'll need to find
> another font.

Ah, thanks very much for this! I'll keep trying with some other fonts.
I tried arphic-uming for Chinese, after being told that this supported
Chinese characters. However fop crashed with a message like this:

I'm pretty unlucky with fop!

> Concerning the "noisy output" I'd recommend you take a closer look at
> the warning messages. You'll find they are quite informative. There
> are a lot of table-rows with height="14pt" in your FO file. 14pt is
> too little for a 12pt font with line-height="1.2" (the default).
> Either remove the height property or adjust it to at least 14.4pt
> (=12 * 1.2).

Yeah I read the messages and saw an explanation of it on the fop wiki.
But at the moment I don't know how to modify the xsl I'm using to get
rid of this, I'll look into it, and possibly ask another mailing list
how to do this.

Matt