From Matthew East <m...@mdke.org>
Subject Re: Asian fonts in pdfs
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 22:43:37 GMT
Hi Lev,

On Sun, 7 May 2006 14:07:28 +0300
Lev T <guiding5@gmail.com> wrote:

> If those documents use Unicode charsets, a possible solution is to
> embed ttf font contains needed charsets into PDF. I am using
> DFSG-free version of "kochi" font family for asian languages.

[...]

Thanks for this tip: I tried the kochi font family as you suggested,
and although everything seemed to go well, all I got were hashes again.
I've tried the following:

arphic-uming for zh_CN (fop crashed with an error about java memory)
kochi for zh_CN, ko, id

Any more hints you can give would be much appreciated, I'm starting to
give up on getting asian languages working!

Matt