From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: pdf cmyk and transparency
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 12:43:02 GMT
TIFF could help here as PNG supports only RGB and grayscales. JPEG
doesn't support transparency, I think. The problem: Except for JPEG, FOP
does not support CMYK images. All CMYK images are converted to the RGB
color space if they work at all. The image library needs to be
redesigned to support transparent CMYK images. Furthermore, FOP is only
just now learning how to deal with CMYK at all. I'd check if you can't
work with sRGB for now.

On 09.11.2006 11:56:39 Olivier Mansour wrote:

> Le 9 nov. 06 à 11:28, Chris Bowditch a écrit :
>
> > Olivier Mansour wrote:
> >
> > <snip/>
> >
> >> GIF can't be in a CMYK color space. For fop user who produce CMYK
> >> PDF, do you use transparency ?
> >
> > Thats right GIF doesn't support CMYK, at least not for FOP. I have
> > never needed to have an image with both CMYK and transparency.
>
> Il think, TIFF format may be the trick. I'am investigating on that point
>
> Thank you
> Olivier
>

> > Sorry I can't help anymore,
> >
> > Chris