From "Fernando T. Martins Mano" <ferna...@cpts.pucrs.br>
Subject Re: MIME_TIFF format
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 17:44:43 GMT
Ok, my confusion here. I said "input TIFF files", forget it, hehe.
There is only TIFF output, then.

I don't know about TIFF compression options INSIDE FOP, but the "plan B"
solution would be to compress it after you have produced this TIFF
output in an external tool, such as Gimp or Photoshop.

Does anyone know about TIFF compression options inside FOP?

Thanks,
Fernando

Richard King wrote:
> Heya,
> Thanks for your quick response.
> I am new to all this so may have missed something.
>
> My input consists of some initial XML, XSL:FO and some small JPG images.  I am using
exactly the same source for both generating PDF's as I am to generate TIFF files.

> The only thing I am changing is the java implementation so the output will be in TIFF
format.

> Do I have to specify anything in the java or XSL which is specific for TIFF files and
will help me here?

> Cheers,
> Richard
>
> Java implementation is as follows:
>             OutputStream out = new java.io.FileOutputStream(fopOutputDir + fileRoot +
".tiff");
>             out = new java.io.BufferedOutputStream(out);
>             try {
>                 Fop fop = fopFactory.newFop(MimeConstants.MIME_TIFF, userAgent, out);
>
>                 //Setup Transformer
>                 Source xsltSrc = new StreamSource(fopDirectory + xslName);
>                 TransformerFactory transformerFactory = TransformerFactory.newInstance();
>                 Transformer transformer = transformerFactory.newTransformer(xsltSrc);
>                 Source src = new StreamSource(fopOutputDir + fileRoot + ".xml");
>
>                 //Make sure the XSL transformation's result is piped through to FOP
>                 Result res = new SAXResult(fop.getDefaultHandler());
>
>                 //Start the transformation and rendering process
>                 transformer.transform(src, res);

produce a TIFF documents.  To this end I updated my java code so MIME_TIFF is used.