From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Different output when using fop with -xsl and -xml and when doing two steps (xalan/fop)
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 21:37:37 GMT
Andriy Sen wrote:

> When I use xalan to produce .fo file and then process it with fop I get
> correct result.
> Not so when running fop directly.
>
> I was expecting both approaches to produce identical results since it is
> my understanding
> that fop is using xalan internally. Any idea why it is not?

The problem is the disable-output-escaping="yes". This affects
how an output file is generated but has no effect if the result
tree of an XSL transformation is fed directly into the FO processor.

> Or can someone confirm it as a bug?

This is not a bug.

> <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">
> <![CDATA[
>            </fo:block>

You should not use this kind of construct, ever. Well, at least unless
you clearly know what you are doing. Please refer to your favorite XSLT
tutorial and/or book for how to write XSLT properly.

J.Pietschmann