From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: How to wrap lines for Asian languages in 0.92beta
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2006 20:26:24 GMT
Rika Michiels wrote:
> So characters are correctly displayed, however the text in the fo:block
> is not wrapping properly because in Japanese e.g. there are no spaces to
> break the line.

CKJ correct line breaking hasn't been added to FOP, yet.

> - How can I make this work for 0.92beta?

A simple way is to add a zero width space after each character
which will give you an almost tolerable result.

> - Do I need to configure an hyphenation file or does this work in a
> different way?

AFAIK pattern based hyphenation isn't the preferred way for hyphenation
for most east asian languages. I'm not aware of a hyphenation pattern
file for Japanese which works in FOP.
There are published standards about doing hyphenation in Japanese,
however, I haven't got hands on a exemplar in a language I can
understand, so I don't even know how to get around to solve the
problem.

J.Pietschmann