From "Paul Moloney" <paul_molo...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException error - DocBook XSL with FOP
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 11:08:09 GMT
"J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de wrote:

>You mean "via DocBook XSLT", don't you?

Sorry yes; to be more explicit, I should have said we create the .fo file
indirectly (by processing DocBook XML files through Saxon), then run the .fo
file through Fop to create the PDF.

With FOP 0.25, if the graphics were too wide to fit the page, they appear to
have been automatically resized; otherwise, they remained the same intrinsic
size. There was no need to set any imagedata element attributes, even though
some graphics were wider than the actual width of the document.

Here's an example of an imagedata element from one of our docs:

        <mediaobject>
          <imageobject>
            <imagedata fileref="images/payment_account_types.png" />
          </imageobject>
        </mediaobject>
      </screenshot>

I will also ask on the docBook-app list about this problem (I already have
posted there), but I'd hoped someone here would know in what way image
processing has changed between FOP 0.25 and 0.92. Do I need to set imagedata
scaling attributes (as discussed at
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/ImageSizing.html) in future?

Regards,

-pm

http://oceanclub.blogspot.com

"I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to
remind them that as a trusted TV personality I could be helpful
in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves."