From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: RTF with FOP: PNG Image, Table Widths, date:date-time(), TOC Bookmarks
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 14:50:00 GMT
Kerstin Buchholz wrote:

> Using FOP from Trunk to generate a RTF-Output makes a lot of problems
> while the PDF-Ouptput still looks very good.
>
> 1. Including an external PNG Image causes following error:
>  Error while handling an external-graphic: null
> java.lang.NullPointerException

This bug was spotted by another user shortly before your post! I have
logged it as bug.

<snip/>

> 2. Tables in RTF are not over the hole site width. Error causes:
>  table-layout="fixed" and column-width unspecified => falling back to
> proportional-column-width(1)
> This error causes also when generating a PDF. But in PDF tables has
> width=100%
> Setting proportional-column-width to 100, this hasn't any effect.

Have you specified table-layout="fixed" and width="100%" on the fo:table
element?

> 3. FOP 0.20.5 still knows date:date-time() but FOP 0.92beta wants to
> define the prefix date.

I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean.

> 4. The Bookmarks in PDF works fine. In RTF there is a blue underlined
> number like e.g. N104E2 <#N104E2> after every entry in Table of Content
> instead of a real TOC in which every entry is the link to the chapter.

This might be a docbook problem. I would need to see the FO to be
certain though.

> Errors of FOP or Errors of the Docbook-XSL??? Maybe I have to set some
> parameter to generate a looking good RTF?

Well the RTF render in FOP is nowhere near as complete as the PDF
Renderer. It is difficult to support certain RTF features in PDF.

Chris