From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Supressing blank pages in double sided output
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 11:09:42 GMT
Tavmjong Bah wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	I am trying to suppress blank pages between chapters in DocBook source
> processed by xsltproc. I am using a modified fo/pagesetup.xsl file
> following the advise in
>
> http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/docbook-apps/200604/msg00216.html
>
> This inserts initial-page-number="auto" (instead of "auto-odd") for each
> chapter after the first. Processing the fo file with fop-0.90alpha
> doesn't produce unwanted blank pages but using fop-0.91beta or later
> does produce the pages. Is this a problem with fop? Am I doing something
> wrong? The input fo file is attached.

Looking at the FO each page-sequence has force-page-count="end-on-even"
So FOP should add a blank page if there are an odd number of pages
generated by the page-sequence. To avoid a blank page in this case the
force-page-count property should be set to "no-force" I have no idea how
to achieve this in docbook stylesheets.

Chris