From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Fop and line-overruns using Japanese fonts
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 18:26:12 GMT
Brad,

instead of calling "ant", just say "ant package". That will skip all
unit tests which you really don't need if you just want to compile FOP.
We have this in there so all committers regularly run these test and
catch mistakes as early as possible. If you need hyphenation, it's a
good idea to put the OFFO hyphenation JAR (see [1]) into the lib
directory prior to compilation.

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.93/hyphenation.html

However, if you do want to make the build work with JUnit, just get
JUnit 3.8.1 and copy junit.jar in the <ANT_HOME>/lib directory.

HTH

On 01.05.2007 20:06:08 Brad Smith wrote:
> > If you could try the current fop trunk that would be good. If you can't
> > e-mail me directly a testcase together with the fonts you are using and
> > I'll give it a go.
>
> Hmm.. I can't seem to get the trunk to build (Fedora 6). Ant complains
> that some of the junit tests were skipped or failed, but looking at
> the html reports generated by junit, no failures or errors were
> listed. From this I conclude that a test is being skipped. I do see
> the following in the output:
>
> hyphenation-present:
>      [echo] Hyphenation Support NOT Present - Layout tests which
> require hyphenation are NOT being run!
>
> ...but should that really be a fatal error? Do I need to find an
> en_US.xml hyphenation file as described at
> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.20.5/hyphenation.html and put it
> in $build_dir/hyph for the build to work?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> --Brad

Jeremias Maerki