From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: FOP AWTRenderer Printing issue
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 17:25:25 GMT

On 02.05.2007 18:36:32 Lance Goforth wrote:
> The problem shows up on our terminal server - running windows server 2003 R2
> enterprise.

But not on a developer machine with a similar setup?

> The jvm is Sun java 1.5.0.08.
>
> The printers vary - we have several clients, there are around 75 different
> printers, most are HP laserjets.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by the printer driver, I've been using the print
> method from the fop awt viewer program.  It uses:
>
>       SimpleDoc doc = new SimpleDoc(renderer,
>                         DocFlavor.SERVICE_FORMATTED.PAGEABLE, null);

So you're probably just printing to the default printer. So with printer
driver, I'm wondering if you're using a PCL or PostScript printer driver
to print to the printer. Some printers support several printer formats,
especially the bigger network-connected ones. What you could try is to
check if it gets better if you switch to a different printer driver (if
you're on PCL, switch to PostScript).

> The renderer is the AWTRenderer used to display the report prior to viewing.

It's generally a little difficult to reproduce problems like these in
different environments. I can't promise that I can find out anything,
but I'll see if I can.

Jeremias Maerki