From Peter Coppens <pc.subscripti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fop 0.94, png renderer and font
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 16:06:32 GMT

So I started debugging....and it looks like in 0.94 and beyond the font is
registered as Futura and not Futura Book.

This is all very confusing.

Actually, what I am looking for is a strategy where I can use the same fo
file to render either using the pdf renderer (and autodetected fonts from a
directory) or the png renderer (with system fonts...of course)

It is all very confusing and I can't really seem to get hold of a clear
explanation how font names are constructed from the font file and what the
differences are in this respect between the pdf and png renderer. I have
read the XMLGraphics font's page but unless I overlooked, that info is not
there.

Is there some information on font naming somewhere available?

Does anyone have any guidance on how to use the same fo input for both pdf
and png renderer without bumping ones head against the font hell?

Thanks!

Peter