From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Fop 0.94, png renderer and font
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 17:42:06 GMT
The problem all comes from the font-autodetection that we now have.
Before we had it, everyone could simply configure the fonts like he need
it. But now, the font names have to be exactly right in order to have a
match between what AWT offers and what our font library determines.

The work-around at the moment: Configure each font manually and provide
the desired name in the font triplet.

I'm looking into this issue and I've already figured out what has to be
changed. The problem: In the short term, I can only properly fix it for
TrueType but not for Type 1 since the so-called "full name" of the font
is not in the PFM file, only in the PFA or PFB. And we don't have a
parser for it. That is, Victor has one in his FOray font. :-)

Jeremias Maerki