From Andreas L Delmelle <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: proper fop command line
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 09:46:20 GMT
On Nov 1, 2007, at 10:29, Khaled Aly wrote:

Hi Khaled

> - I have my Java_Home environment variable pointing to the root of
> jdk1.5.0_09, the version I got installed. I see the FOP downloads
> labeled
> jdk1.3 and jdk1.4. I assume my JDK version should be backward
> compatible and
> this could not be the problem. Any doubt?

This should indeed not be an issue. I run/test FOP on Java 1.5 and
1.6 all the time, and haven't seen any weirdness so far.

> - The same fo file that I mentioned works fine on oXygen (I'm
> trying to find
> out what fop version it runs); this same file produces good output
> when I
> run fop-0.20.4 - But, all tables are removed and their areas
> replaced by
> equal-dimensioned space. Does this mean anything, or is there a
> known fix
> for this issue for fop 0.2?

We still haven't seen the whole FO-file, but note that there are some
serious differences between FOP 0.20.x and 0.9x. FOs that worked
under 0.20.x may need some work before you can use them with 0.9x.
See also: http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.94/upgrading.html

Can you show us the FO?

Thanks

Andreas