From Andreas L Delmelle <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: Vertical Small Caps alignment
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 21:30:16 GMT
On Nov 1, 2007, at 21:50, Spencer Tickner wrote:

Hi

> Thanks in advance for the help. I'm quite the newbie with fo, and
> have been
> playing around with fop. I realize that fop doesn't support
> font-variant="small-caps" at the moment so I am using more of an xsl
> solution. The final output looks like this:
>
>     <fo:block font-size="11pt" font-family="Times" font-weight="bold">
>         <fo:wrapper font-size="75%"><fo:wrapper
> font-size="133%">P</fo:wrapper>ART</fo:wrapper>
>     </fo:block>
>
> Now, no matter what I try, the smaller text (ART) is aligned at the
> top of
> the block.. Is there anyway to get this to align along the bottom
> using fop?

What have you tried so far?
Have you looked into any of the area alignment properties at: http://
www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#area-alignment

As it turns out, it does seem that you need to abandon fo:wrappers
and use fo:inlines to get this working properly. Area alignment
properties do not apply to fo:block and are not inherited, so have no
effect when specified on a fo:wrapper.

HTH!

Cheers

Andreas