From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: fo:page-number-citation causes overflow?
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 19:52:00 GMT
That's the effect of a compromise in order to avoid two-pass processing
in FOP. The layout manager for page-number-citations allocates a box
(about three characters wide) for the layout process that should be able
to hold the resolved page number that is possibly only determined long
after the layout is already finished. If we didn't do that there could
be negative effects if you have page number > 9.

In a case such as this you should simply ignore the warning message.
Or give the page number more room. At the moment, there's no optimal
solution for that. Even if we had two-pass processing, that would come
with a heavy performance penalty.

HTH

On 04.03.2008 15:50:30 maxmus wrote:

> Hallo,
> I've got a problem with FOP 0.93:
> If I compile the code below, I get the following warning:
> "(..) Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area (..)"
>
> Let's say the line <fo:page-number-citation ref-id="id1"/> gave the output
> "2".
> If I replace this line now with "2" (or even a longer number, e.g. "12"),
> there is no error.
>
> It seems that the automatically generate numbers are somehow "bigger" than
> normal
> numbers.
>
> Has anyone an idea how to solve that problem?
>
> bye,
> Max
>

> <fo:table table-layout="fixed" width="100%">
> <fo:table-column column-width="16cm"/><fo:table-column column-width="0.5cm"
> />
> 		<fo:table-body><fo:table-row>
> 				<fo:table-cell><fo:block>
> 						Headline