From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Apache XML Graphics Commons 1.3 Released
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 22:55:13 GMT
On Monday 10 March 2008 18:32:22 Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> The most important addition in this release is an image loading
> framework which supports all sorts of different image formats (bitmap
> and vector) and is highly extensible.

Interesting.  As I can't see any discussion of this on the web site itself,
what are the benefits of this image loading framework vs. the ImageIO
framework included in the JRE?  I ask this as it has the same kind of
features, such as the ability to get image width and height without loading
the image itself.  And it has certainly been possible to make custom ImageIO
classes which handle vector images.

Daniel