From Diana Walther <d_...@web.de>
Subject TTF fonts, subset embedding in PDF files needed
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 00:48:44 GMT
Dear list users,

I have a problem with font embedding.

I  am only allowed to embed the subset of the font in the pdf.

According to the fop homepage, font-metric files derived from ttf-files
would be the solution because always a subset of the font  is used, right?

http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.94/fonts.html#embedding
"When embedding TrueType fonts (ttf) or TrueType Collections (ttc), a
subset of the original font, containing only the glyphs used, is
embedded in the output document."

PDF creation works fine. However, if I take a look at the final PDF
with the pdffonts tool of xpdf I get the info that the complete font,
but not a subset is embedded.

Is there any solution to embed only the subset in PDF creation? If I
omit the embed-url attribute, the reader needs the complete font which
is not an option.

I use fop094 and JDK 1.6.0.

Thanks for your help!
Regards, Diana