From "Huditsch, Roman (LNG-VIE)" <Roman.Hudit...@lexisnexis.at>
Subject AW: Re: Align block in xsl-region-end with page-number in xsl-region-after
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 18:11:58 GMT
Hi,

Thanks a lot. Actually, my mail shouldn't have been off-list, so I'm totally fine with it.

An alternate way could be in defining a table for that region.

I'll test the different solutions. Thanks!

Best regards,
Roman
--------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Device

----- Originalnachricht -----
Von: Jeremias Maerki <dev@jeremias-maerki.ch>
An: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org <fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org>
Gesendet: Fri Mar 07 14:17:07 2008
Betreff: Re: Align block in xsl-region-end with page-number in xsl-region-after

I've already answered Roman on www-xsl-fo@w3.org. We'll continue the
thread here. Roman, I hope you don't mind if I copy your off-list
response to me here.

On 07.03.2008 12:33:39 Huditsch, Roman (LNG-VIE) wrote:
> Hi Jeremias,
>
> > What about display-align="after" on fo:region-after and fo:region-end?
> > I'm not sure if I understood what you want to do.
>
> Yes, that was my first try. But doing this all blocks in the region are
> aligned to the bottom.
> Instead the first block in my region should align to the top - the last
> to the bottom.

Ok, I see.

You could use this:
        <fo:block space-before.minimum="10mm" space-before.optimum="100cm">Text at the
bottom of the page</fo:block>

This would push the last block all the way down. However, that only
works for 0.94 or later, not in 0.20.5 if you have to switch back to
that.

Another way I see is that you just put this text on the page footer.
After all you can have different footers on different pages. If
necessary, you can always use a negative end-indent to position text
outside the footer region.

> like:
>

> Lore ipsum Lore ipsumLore ipsumLore ipsumLore ipsumLore ipsum
> BLOCK First
> Lore ipsumLore ipsumLore ipsumLore ipsumLore ipsumLore ipsumL
> Lore ipsumLore ipsumLore ipsumLore ipsumLore ipsumLore ipsum
> Lore ipsumLore ipsumLore ipsumLore ipsumLore ipsumLore ipsumLor
> Other Blocks
> Lore ipsumLore ipsumLore ipsumLore ipsumLore ipsumLore ipsumLo
> Other Blocks
> Lore ipsumLore ipsumLore ipsumLore ipsumLore ipsumLore ipsum
> Lore ipsumLore ipsumLore ipsumLore ipsumLore ipsumLore ipsum
>
> BLOCK Last
>
> BLOCK Last
> Page 1/2
> BLOCK Last
>

> > fo:region-end does not include the "Common Margin
> > Properties-Block" so doesn't support margins. That's why they
> > are ignored.
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#fo_region-end
>
> Should only those margins be ignored, which are defined at the region
> itself?
> <fo:region-after margin="".../>

Yes.

> My problem is rather that the margins defined for my whole page are
> ignored by my region-end:
> <fo:simple-page-master page-width="210mm" page-height="297mm"
> margin-top="20mm" margin-bottom="18mm" margin-left="10.5mm"
> margin-right="12mm">

I don't see that if I run your example. The page margins (from
simple-page-master) are right there. Maybe I misunderstand you again.

Jeremias Maerki