From "Steve Protulipac" <sprotuli...@acclamation.com>
Subject RE: font, spacing, and line height
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 15:04:48 GMT

Thanks, Manuel.

I'll see what I can do about changing the input FO to get the results I
want.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Manuel Mall [mailto:mm@arcus.com.au]
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2008 7:06 PM
To: 'fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org'
Subject: RE: font, spacing, and line height

Steve,

The XSL-FO line building rules are fairly complex (see section 4.5 in
the
spec). However, the default case is roughly: Line height, including the
half-leading values, is determined by the font set on the enclosing
block.
Any inline areas that are smaller in height will not cause the line
height
to shrink but are simply aligned on the appropriate base line. Should an
inline area have a larger BPD than the line height on the enclosing
block
the line grows in BPD.

For all the finer details please refer to the specification.

So I believe your attached samples are rendered correctly. Your left
column
uses the line height as determined from the Courier New font although
all
its content is Times Roman. Your right column uses the Times Roman font
derived line height as set on the block (inherited from the root).

Manuel