From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: ClassCast-Exception when trying fopfactory.newinstance()
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 10:54:39 GMT
That usually indicates an encoding problem in the XML. For example, you
specify UTF-8 as the encoding but use a non-XML-aware text editor in a
ISO-8859-1 fashion.

On 08.04.2008 12:42:36 Andreas Schröder wrote:
> I got two times the same library in different places of my tomcat. I removed one and
the exception doesn't occur anymore. but a new error occured. In the output on the console
of the conversion process appears:

> (position of error unknown)java.io.UTFDataFormatException: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8
sequence.

> The funny thing is still, that it worked before. ;-)
>

> > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

Jeremias Maerki