From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: Line-height inheritance
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 21:36:15 GMT
On Apr 8, 2008, at 15:20, Pascal Sancho wrote:

Hi Pascal,

> Reading the spec 7.16.4, line-height property is inherited and accepts
> percentages values.
> FOP behaves as follow:
> If the line-height value is a percentage, the inherited value is the
> computed trait: font-size*line-height(in %)
> I'm not sure if FOP behaviour is correct. I was expecting the
> percentage
> value for the inheried line-height.
> Am I wrong?

FOP's behavior is correct, I think.

5.1.4 Inheritance

... For a given inheritable property, if that property is present on
a child, ... otherwise, the specified value of that property on the
child is the /computed/ value of that property on the parent
formatting object.

In other words, if you have:

<fo:block font-size="12pt" line-height="120%">
   <fo:block font-size="8pt">

Then the specified line-height for the inner block would be "12pt x
120%", and not, if I interpret your question correctly, "8pt x 120%".

Cheers

Andreas