From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: Line-height inheritance
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 16:24:08 GMT
On Apr 9, 2008, at 09:03, Pascal Sancho wrote:

> [...]

No, because, as Erick and Manuel already pointed out, this is an
explicit exception to the general rule.

> IMHO, behaviour should be the same for either percentage or numeric
> value.
> IIUC your point of view, in both cases, according to the spec,
> inherited line-height should be computed value.
>
> What I expect, is that inherited line-height should remain relative
> when possible.
> (What about line-height expressed in 'em'?)

I agree with you that it may seem inconsistent, but still: only the
<numeric> value is the exception. We can only guess, but it may just
have been defined so, because otherwise there would be no way at all
to achieve the effect of inheriting a relative value...

For em's or other font-size-relative units, the computation/
resolution to an absolute value again will be done relative to the
outer block's font-size, and the computed value is inherited by the
inner block, unless it is overridden there.

Cheers

Andreas