From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: ClassCast-Exception when trying fopfactory.newinstance()
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 18:49:58 GMT
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Works for me. The ClassCastException doesn't make much sense as the
> AFPExtensionHandlerFactory IS an implementation of the
> ContentHandlerFactory interface. So I realy don't understand why this
> happens. The only reason I can think of is that there's is a mix of
> different, incompatible versions of fop.jar in the classpath.

In a web application, this may also be happen if the
AFPExtensionHandlerFactory has been loaded in a different
security context , which means it is an implementation of
the ContentHandlerFactory of the other context. Still, the
primary cause is that there are two FOP jars (and a cross
servlet call).

J.Pietschmann