From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: Fop 0.95beta - svg tif images
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 18:47:55 GMT
On Apr 10, 2008, at 20:09, Peter Coppens wrote:
>>> Now...for the more problematic part - I am on MacOS...anybody any
>>> luck getting the 0.95beta fop/batik  to work on macos when using
>>> tif images? It is unclear from my intial www wanderings what the
>>> state of jai on mac os is.
>>
>> I've not really tested TIFF yet, but I do know that JAI is
>> definitely available for the Apple JVM:
>> http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=120289
> Thanks...ran into that as well. I was somewhat 'scared' away as it
> seems to be version 1.0 and dates from december 2003.

No sure way to find out, other than trying it... :-)

Apart from that, I browsed around some more on the Apple website, and
found an RSS feed with a date of 2009-01-01... Have I missed a year
somewhere?

I'd as soon presume this means that dates are not really reliable
over there... ;-)

Now, I've been looking deeper into my local setup, and IIC, then for
Java 1.5, the JAI libraries are already distributed /with/ the
install package. At least, I do not remember ever having to configure
this manually and still, the JARs are available in the lib/ext folder.

This could explain why there is no more recent version of the
separate package (needed only for Java 1.3 and 1.4?)

Cheers

Andreas