From "Woodhouse, Graeme" <Graeme.Woodho...@proquest.co.uk>
Subject RE: Large PDF's files fail to stream correctly
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 07:05:42 GMT
Hi Roland,

I could do but then the user would require a mechanism to connect to sql and then parse the
blob back into a pdf. Which would require a web service so transmission would again become
the problem. Thanks anyway though!

Graeme Woodhouse
Software Engineer
ProQuest

Direct-Line:              +44 (0) 1223 271 264
Fax:                         +44 (0) 1223 215 513

-----Original Message-----
From: Roland Neilands [mailto:rneilands@pulsemining.com.au]
Sent: 08 April 2008 01:29
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: Large PDF's files fail to stream correctly

Just a thought but you could put it into a BLOB in a DB & apply your
security to accessing that.
Alternatively encrypt the filesystem pdf for reading  & provide the
password separately.

Regards,
Roland

Woodhouse, Graeme wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Thanks for your help - as a bit of a test I tried the following two scenarios:
>
> I set the response size to Integer.MAX_VALUE. Which didn't work :(
>
> I also tried first saving the output to a file - waiting until the file was complete,
then streaming the file to the browser through the response. Which didn't work :(.

> Your right that I could temporarily link to the file I created and then delete the file
after but your right about the security access. Its not something that we could do as the
pdf's contain sensitive information + direct access to the server isn't really an option as
it bypasses the rest of the security we have in place.

> I don't suppose you or anyone else on the list know of any other way to get round this?
>

> Graeme Woodhouse
> Software Engineer
> ProQuest
>
> Direct-Line:              +44 (0) 1223 271 264

which is confidential or privileged. Any unauthorised use of its contents is prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender via return e-mail and then
delete the original e-mail.