From knoxor <paul.k...@agriculture.gov.ie>
Subject How do I add subscripts dynamically ? Guru needed...
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 16:14:13 GMT

Hi,

I need to be able to parse a block of text that may contain the html
superscript tags and convert this into FOP superscripts. I haven't a clue
how to do this and was hoping some experts out there may offer some help.

Basically I will have an xml file like this:

<statement>
   <statementbody>
       the quick brown fox<sup>2</sup> jumped over the lazy dog
   </statementbody>
</statement>

My xslt translation file has the following:

<xsl:for-each select="statement">
	<fo:block padding-bottom="2mm" text-align="justify" keep-with-next="always"
font-size="10pt" >
		<xsl:value-of select="statement"/>
	</fo:block>
</xsl:for-each>

Will I have to reformat how the xml file is generated to enable me to
process the <sup> tags? eg.

<statement>
   <statementbody>
       <text1>the quick brown fox</text1>
       <sup>2</sup>
       <text2> jumped over the lazy dog</text2>
   </statementbody>
</statement>

thanks in advance for any help.

Paul