From "Thomas S." <ths-nab...@cm4all.com>
Subject Re: Embedding fonts
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 17:14:04 GMT

J.Pietschmann wrote:

> Which FOP version are you using?

I'm using 0.94, but I tried this also with 0.95b, which gives me the same
result!

J.Pietschmann wrote:

>> java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot load font: failed to create Source
>> from
>> metrics file
>> jar:file:/var/lib/ [snip]
> The embedded file URL ist malformed, maybe the recursive URL resolver
> doesn't like this. Try jar:file:///var/lib/... and check whether this
> helps.

I use Classloader.getSystemResource() to get a URL to a directory
containing the resources used within the XSL-FO. This directory is used
both as baseURL and as fontBaseURL. Including images works, but the
fonts causing the problem already described.

I can't deliver more information right now, especially which URL is used
as baseURL / fontBaseURL and which image URLs are include
successfully, but I will be back in the office on wednesday and I will post
more information then.