From Jean-François El Fouly <jean-franc...@elfouly.fr>
Subject Re: Color Profile not applied
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2008 20:36:39 GMT
Jeremias Maerki a écrit :
> The work-around it seems is:
> - either to convert the PNG from 32bit to 24bit (removing the alpha
> channel)
> - or skip generating the alpha channel for PDF output. See
> ImageRenderedAdapter.setup(PDFDocument) (the line with "this.softMask ="
> can be commented and the colors appear as they should).

The first work-around is alas not an option for us [I work with
Dominique on this question] at least not in the general sense. Of course
we could write some image preprocessor before the FOP generation (there
is at least one other such process in the app) but the customer will
want to keep the alpha channel in the PNG they generate. We output these
images in PDF through FOP, thus on a white background, but we also
generate the manuals in HTML format on a background that can be switched
black or white (for reading in the cockpit or in an hotel room or
according to anyone's particular preference).