From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: PDF full screen mode...
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 20:13:47 GMT
On Jul 11, 2008, at 17:13, paul womack wrote:

Hi

<snip />

All splendid ideas! Now let's hope someone finds the time to do
something with them.

I've updated the Wiki, taking into account Paul's suggestions.
I agree that the default extension namespace is not the right place,
since it's limited to one output format (PDF).
Using dash-separated names and values, which then need to be
converted to CamelCase anyway, seemed unnecessary. Maybe it looks a
bit more esthetically pleasing when viewing the FO source, but it
introduces the need to 'parse' the names/values (or rather: make them
parsable for a PDF Viewer)

I think using the same terminology as in the PDF Reference makes
sense here. Maybe, in the future, the same infrastructure can be used
to create other kinds of dictionaries (the ViewerPreferences
dictionary is already one very good example).

A bit more complex to implement than Jeremias' proposal (which
requires only one extension element, with a lot of attributes), but
well worth the effort to investigate.

Cheers

Andreas