From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: Font error messages
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:19:07 GMT
On Jul 22, 2008, at 18:05, Jean-Fran├žois El Fouly wrote:

Hi Jean-Fran├žois

> I searched the archives and did not find an entry for this problem.
> Please forgive me if I've been blind or stupid and should have
> found a previous thread on this topic.
>
> We have in the logs tons of error messages looking like:
>
> 2008-07-22 15:52:45,544 ERROR [org.apache.fop.fo.PropertyList]
> Ignoring property: font="Verdana" (file:/var/data/static/
> aeroconseil/back/TS/temp/test%20recette%20234587/pub/merged-
> doc.xml.fo:2607:87: Invalid property value: font="Verdana";
> property:'font')
>
> (It's nothing new, it has always been so since we use FOP, I mean
> for a few months and since 0.94).
>
> This is weird, since the font is not ignored, it is correctly
> handled and used by FOP, and embedded in the PDF.
> So these messages look just like noise and fill the log files with
> information that seems irrelevant.
>
> What did I missed, what should I fix or improve to get rid of these
> messages ?

The font shorthand requires at least two components: font-size and
font-family.

So it should be either of the two following variants:

font-family="Verdana"
font="10pt Verdana"

See: http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/#font (style, weight, variant, line-
height are optional; size and family are required)

The reason that you don't see any effect in the output is most likely
that the font-family is properly passed to the descendant nodes via
inheritance (but I'd have to dive deeper into the related code and
some examples to say for sure).

Cheers

Andreas