From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: basic-link pointing to files behind a login
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 08:27:23 GMT
On 14.09.2008 22:59:44 Eric Smith wrote:
> When using <basic-link/> with fop to point to files begind a
> login, it does not open these links.
> When you open the pdf in a web browser, it can read these
> files behind a login, presumably because the authentication is
> cached.
>
> Is it possible  when you are viewing the pdf with a
> standalone viewer, for these links direct you to authentication
> and then to the files?

I'd say, you have to design your application that provides these
resources in a way that you automatically get to the login screen if the
credentials are not yet available. I don't think it makes sense to do
anything about that in XSL-FO. The idea is to identify the resource to
be viewed not to have any logic/knowledge about the target web
application in the PDF.

> Thanks
>
> --
> - Eric Smith