From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: Image incorrectly positioned/overwrites text in 0.95
Date Sat, 13 Sep 2008 10:47:35 GMT
On Sep 12, 2008, at 17:31, Stuart Turner wrote:

Hi

> I'm trying to upgrade our application to use FOP 0.95 from 0.20.5. I'm
> currently having an issue with images not being placed correctly
> within the
> generated PDF document.
>
> The example fo I've provided should generate a PDF with two lines
> of text
> followed by the image of a signature followed by another line of
> text. This
> generates as expected with 0.20.5 but with 0.95 insufficient space
> is made
> for the image and it overwrites the two lines of text. I've tried
> changing
> various properties of the fo:block and fo:external-graphic without any
> success.

Just played with it myself, and what's causing it is the 'line-
stacking-strategy' property specified on fo:root.
Seems to be compliant behavior for a value of 'font-height' at first
glance. Either remove it, or set to 'max-height' to get the expected
result.

see: http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/#line-stacking-strategy

HTH!

Andreas