From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: Error when using XSL with French Characters
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 17:14:42 GMT
On Sep 4, 2008, at 12:06, Vincent Hennebert wrote:

> <snip />
> No, US-ASCII is a 7-bit character set, which means it can contain only
> 128 characters, none of them being an accented letter [1].

Ouch! Indeed. I'm so used to the basic 7-bit set being extended...
To think that I even tried it over here in an editor. If I had only
also tried to actually save the file, I would have noticed...

Sorry for the confusion, Jeff.

The conclusion is definitely the right one: if you can somehow manage
to have the BASIC code write the file as UTF-8, all the encoding
hassles disappear.

Cheers

Andreas