From Jean-François El Fouly <jean-franc...@elfouly.fr>
Subject Re: mixing Cyrillic and Roman characters -> PDF output (repost)
Date Sat, 08 Nov 2008 16:59:14 GMT
Jay Berkenbilt a écrit :
> I am using a Debian system.  I've tested this both with the debian fop
> packages and by just downloading a binary distribution.  I've also
> installed Type 1 Cyrillic fonts and run fop with the following
> configuration file:
>
> <fonts>
>   <directory>/usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1</directory>
>   <auto-detect/>
> </fonts>
>
> but this had no effect.  Perhaps I need to do more than that.

I think you do.
The latest versions of FOP have some font auto-detection functionalities
but I used to rely on manual settings font by font as described in the
documentation at http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.95/fonts.html

To build upon my previous answer to your previous post, this is the
setting for Verdana that renders correctly with your .fo example :

embed-url="verdana.ttf">

If you use FOP in CLI and you tweak the FOP conf file don't forget (I
did) to add
-c fop.xconf
or whatever name you used to the command line.

HTH,

Jean-François