From Vincent Hennebert <vhenneb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Embeded SVG fonts
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:10:17 GMT
Hi Barry,

Barry Whiting wrote:
> Ok Jeremias I have managed to generate the metrics file for the 3 fonts
> I need to embed and have added this to my config file

> metrics-url="/data/webroot/www.londontown.com/HotelPrintMap/fonts/arial.
> xml" kerning="yes"
> embed-url="/data/webroot/www.londontown.com/HotelPrintMap/fonts/arial.tt
> f">
> weight="normal"/>
<snip/>

> For some reason these 3 fonts are not being embedded how ever which I
> don't understand as I have other fonts in this config file that does
> embed correctly.
>
> I wondered if you could see if there is anything I have done from this
> config?

Which FOP version are you using? This should work fine with the latest
0.95 one. Also, with that version you don’t need to generate XML metrics
any more, just specifying the embed-url attribute is enough.

Make sure the URIs giving access to the fonts are correct. In the
example you provided they are absolute and there’s no scheme (http:,
file: or whatever). Are you sure this is what you want?

Also, make sure the value you give to the ‘name’ attribute of
font-triplet matches the font-family value in the SVG file.

If all of that fail, please provide us with small XSL-FO and SVG samples
and your config file, so that we can have a closer look.

<snip/>

HTH,
Vincent