From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: Question on page wrap
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2008 10:19:58 GMT
On Oct 31, 2008, at 20:03, Sheldon Glickler wrote:

> I have a report that has an arbitrary number of columns.  The
> number of columns is such that it would go beyond the page width.
> Also the number of rows is such that it goes beyond the page height.

Problematic. XSL-FO 1.1 knows no 'vertical' page-breaks. The table
will only be broken in block-progression-direction (if there is no
keep-property telling us otherwise), and clipped if it doesn't fit
the page in inline-progression-direction.

None of your proposed fallbacks are possible in XSL-FO, IIRC. Not
only in FOP, but any implementation...

Cheers

Andreas