From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: 0.95 & Acrobat Performance Problems
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2009 13:04:38 GMT
I've just added support for forcing a single-byte encoding when using
the "font" element without an XML font metric file in FOP Trunk:

So using current FOP Trunk you could do:
    encoding-mode="single-byte>

This way and for larger fonts than OCRA (i.e. fonts with characters
outside the WinAnsi encoding), you'll have access to all glyphs in the
font which you don't have when working with an XML font metric file.

On 19.12.2008 21:40:00 Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Just as I thought. You're doing this:
>
> This bypasses the XML font metric files. Currently, it's not possible to
> tell FOP this way to use WinAnsi encoding. You have to create an XML
> font metrics file for each font as described in [1] (using "-enc ansi",
> just as in FOP 0.20.5 although you'll have to recreate the files).
> Then you'll have to do this:

>   kerning="yes"
>   embed-url="file:///opt/sigma_tomcat/webapps/sigma/WEB-INF/fonts/ocra.ttf">
>
> HTH
>
> [2] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/fonts.html#truetype-metrics
>
> On 19.12.2008 20:20:01 egibler wrote:
> >
> > The font configuration should be attached (I used the 'Upload File...'
> > button, but don't know where the file goes).
> >
> > Thanks!!!
> > Ed
> >

> > That's just a font metrics file. It could still be that your
> > configuration file is set up so you get a CID font. Can we see the font
> > configuration, too?
> >
> > http://www.nabble.com/file/p21096930/configuration.xml configuration.xml
> > --
> >

> Jeremias Maerki