From "Georg Datterl" <georg.datt...@geneon.de>
Subject multicolumn with headline
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2009 08:08:30 GMT
Hi everybody,

I guess I need your help again. I have a 3-column page layout containing a table. And I have
a headline which should be printed on every page, but not every column:

headline...

TH TH   TH TH   TH  TH
1a 1b   5a 5b   9a  9b
2a 2b   6a 6b   10a 10b
3a 3b   7a 7b   11a 11b
4a 4b   8a 8b   12a 12b

Now the easiest solution would be: Put "headline..." in the header. Problem: If the header
has more lines than one, it flows into the body content.

Having a main table with "headline..." in the table header and the actual table in the table
body solves that problem, but then the 3-column flow is lost, since I don't know how many
rows fit on a page and therefore I don't know whether the first entry in the second column
is 5a/5b or maybe 6a/6b. and of course that depends on the headline height, too.

Next, I tried a table with two header rows, one containing "headline..." and the other one
TH/TH. Is there a way to suppress a header row in the second and third column?

Ideas, anyone?

Regards,

Georg Datterl

------ Kontakt ------